mechanism of action for any drug therapies
Read Chapters 6 and 7 of your text and complete the MyPsychLab Brain modules: Visual System and Perception. Then, select a disorder of the sensory system to discuss. You must choose a different disorder than your peers. If you would like to focus on a disorder that is not on the list, please get prior approval from your instructor.
Select a disorder of the sensory system from this list.
- Anton’s syndrome
- Balint’s syndrome
- Gerstmann’s syndrome
- central achromatopsia
- apperceptive agnosia
- associative agnosia
- object anomia
- alexia without agraphia
- hemispatial neglect
- phantom limb pain
- Capgras syndrome
- tactile agnosia
- cortical deafness
- pure word deafness
- receptive amusia
Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles to support your statements. In your post
- Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
- Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
- Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
- Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).
- Cite your sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center .
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
Your response must include a description of the current treatment options, both pharmaceutical (including mechanism of action for any drug therapies) and behavioral (based on the functional deficits associated with the disorder) that are available for the disorder your peer described. You must use a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources in your response.
Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussion.