Self-Assessment and Dialogue as Tools for Appreciating Diversity
Assessment in the Workplace
After reading Chapters 3 and 4 in your text, the article, “Self-Assessment and Dialogue as Tools for Appreciating Diversity”, and watching the required videos, consider the following: Testing and assessment are critical components of selection, recruitment, and the training and development processes in any business or organization. Organizations approach assessments in a multitude of ways.
- Research one of the following evaluative protocols (based on your first name) that might be used by an I/O psychologist or manager to assess an employee’s performance.
- A through G: A peer evaluation
- H through R: An observational evaluation
- S through U: A subordinate evaluation
- V through Z: A 360° appraisal
Start your search by using the key words in the library’s search tool as well as google.
- Describe the assessment/evaluation you have been assigned.
- Apply appropriate citations which may include your text, required article and videos, website sources, and additional peer-reviewed articles.
- Explain what the goal is of your assigned assessment/evaluation method.
- Analyze the possibility of bias in your assigned assessment/evaluation method.
- Does your assessment suggest the potential of possible bias? Why?