What models discussed in class would you apply to intervention with the primary character?
The Antwone Fisher Story
For this project you will be analyzing the 2002 film Antwone Fisher about a young navy man who is forced to see a psychiatrist after a violent outburst against fellow crewman.This film analysis will provide you with an opportunity to apply course materials to a circumstance that is typical of many individuals who find themselves in correctional settings.A number of questions have been provided to guide your analysis. I do however encourage you to complete an analysis that includes any additional observations or concerns that you have identify.
This paper should be between 4 and 5 pages in length and meet all the requirements listed in the grading rubric (See Syllabus for Grading Rubrics). The paper should be written in APA format and include a Title Page and Reference page. Please cite at least 5 references in this paper. Please note that the focus of the assignment is on questions 5 and 6.
- What is the context of the movie?
- Is longing a root metaphor in the movies? (Explain) What is the goal his longing?
- What strengths are apparent in his life? Why is it important to understanding strengths?
- What are his primary behavior patterns?
- What models discussed in class would you apply to intervention with the primary character?
- Apply elements of the Missouri Needs Assessment Scale to this case.
- Can you summarize the “poem” its meaning and application for intervention.
- What would you have done differently in terms of the intervention (explain)?
- The length of this assignment should be 4-5 pages
- This assignment is due during the Week the Chapter is being discussed.
- APA formatting is required for all written assignments (unless noted otherwise)
- Course text(s), lecture notes and other course material/readings should be cited in all written assignments, if used as a reference
- Assignment file must have a .doc or .docx extension; presentations should use PowerPoint
- At least 2 outside sources (journal/research articles, books, etc.) should be integrated
- Points for this assignment = 150